Induk Ayam Hutan Maroon.
Induk betina Ayam Hutan Maroon Bakawadi.
Anak Ayam Hutan Maroon usia 1 bulan.
Anak ayam Hutan Maroon usia 1 hari.
A, B & C = Hutan Maroon Bakawadi.
D & E = Hutan Maroon biasa.
English Version: A Brief Information of Maroon Junglefowl.
The Maroon Junglefowl is a domesticated chicken derived naturally from a Malaysian Wild Red Junglefowl and a Malay gamefowl. The bird is easy to tame and can be raised in free range. It does not listed in Endangered Wildlife Species list, unlike their relative - a protected wild Red Junglefowl.
Facts of Maroon Junglefowl:
- The plumage color of a Rooster is maroon with black color on their chest, tail and lower part of the body. Hen is lite or dark green while a new version of hens possess a maroon plumage color.
- The Rooster's tail is similar to the Cockfighter's tail.
- The ear lobe of a Rooster is big with a solid color of yellowish white.
- The eye lid is surrounded by a tick of black color.
- The leg is shining greyish black color. While the new generation which is known as Maroon Bakawadi junglefowl possess a maroon color of their legs and they are more desirable and quite expensive.
- Weight is less than 1kg.
- Hen is able to produce eggs around 6-7 pieces per turn and do brooding.
- Incubation period is between 19-21 days.
- Hatching capability is up to 100%.
- High resistant to common bird disease.
- Ability to tolerate in hot or cold weather conditions.
- Ability to keeps in captivity or open area.
- Ability to feed any chicken's food including foods for human consumption.
- Taming process is much easier than wild junglefowl.
- Rooster is a strong fighter and will fight with any other rooster even a larger Cock Fighter.
- Suitable to use as a live bait or locally called "Denak" @ "Pikat" for attracting wild junglefowl.
- Overall body shape is unique and differ from other common cross-bred junglefowl.
Note: This article contains a street language of Bahasa Malaysia. Translation to other language may not accurate.
© 2013- Uniaga Aviary. Hakcipta Terpelihara. Sebarang salinan dan penerbitan semula artikel ini samada sebahagian atau keseluruhan, dengan atau tanpa modifikasi dan tanpa kebenaran bertulis daripada pemilik adalah dilarang sama sekali.