Induk Ayam Hutan Maroon.
Anak Ayam Hutan Maroon usia 1 bulan.
Anak ayam Hutan Maroon usia 1 hari.
A, B & C = Hutan Maroon Bakawadi.
D & E = Hutan Maroon biasa.
English Version: A Brief Information of Maroon Junglefowl.
This type of Malaysian Red Junglefowl is highly recommended for anyone who love to keep it as a pet. The bird is easy to tame and can be raised in open area. It's also available for export as it does not listed in Endangered Wildlife Species list, unlike their relative - a protected wild Red Junglefowl.
Facts of Maroon Junglefowl:
- The plumage color of a Rooster is maroon with black color on their chest, tail and lower part of the body. While hen is lite or dark green. Currently we are developing a new version of hens that have also possess a maroon plumage color.
- The Rooster's tail is similar to the Cockfighter's tail.
- The ear lobe of a Rooster is big with a solid color of yellowish white.
- The eye lid is surrounded by a tick of black color.
- The leg is shining greyish black color. While the new generation which is known as Maroon Bakawadi junglefowl possess a maroon color of their legs and they are more desirable and quite expensive.
- Weight is less than 1kg.
- Hen is able to produce eggs around 6-7 pieces per turn.
- Incubation period is between 19-21 days.
- Hatching capability is up to 100%.
- High resistant to common bird disease.
- Ability to tolerate in hot or cold weather conditions.
- Ability to keeps in captivity or open area.
- Ability to feed any chicken's food including foods for human consumption.
- Taming process is much easier than wild junglefowl.
- Rooster is a strong fighter and will fight with any other rooster even a larger Cock Fighter.
- Suitable to use as a live bait or locally called "Denak" @ "Pikat" for attracting wild junglefowl.
- Overall body shape is unique and differ from other common cross-bred junglefowl.
Note: This article contains a street language of Bahasa Malaysia. Translation to other language may not accurate.
© 2013- Uniaga Aviary. Hakcipta Terpelihara. Sebarang salinan dan penerbitan semula artikel ini samada sebahagian atau keseluruhan, dengan atau tanpa modifikasi dan tanpa kebenaran bertulis daripada pemilik adalah dilarang sama sekali.